Your body is a sophisticated and well-oiled machine that works hard to get you through each day. Hormones help your body’s performance along by regulating everything from heart rate, brain function, mood, and metabolism. Sadly, if even one of your hormone levels is too high or too low, your body may cease working correctly. Hormonal imbalances are commonly the result of menopause, age, low thyroid function, stress, diabetes, poor diet, birth control, puberty, and other various causes. If you believe you may be suffering from a hormonal imbalance, here are 10 signs and symptoms to look for.
1) Unrelenting weight gain may be the result of a hormonal imbalance. If you are eating and exercising as usual, but are gaining weight without justification, a hormonal imbalance may be the cause.
2) Hair loss may occur for several reasons. However, if hair loss occurs without genetic predisposition or another diagnosed health condition may be due to a hormone irregularity.
3) If you have been eating less and exercising more but are not showing progress in lost inches or fewer pounds, you may have hormonal irregularities causing a stall in your metabolism.
4) Mood swings and depression work well together to leave you feeling down, anxious, and unable to complete tasks you would otherwise be able to finish. If you are experiencing mood swings and depression without explanation, a hormonal imbalance may be the underlying reason.
5) Low libido, vaginal dryness, and erectile dysfunction are all sexual dysfunctions that can occur because of a hormone irregularity.
6) Night sweats and hot flashes may be the most obvious symptoms, but not if they happen long before the standard ages for individuals to experience menopause. If you are experiencing these symptoms but are age 40 or under, you may have a hormone imbalance.
7) If you have been keeping up with your sleep schedule but are still not feeling refreshed in the morning, there may be a problem. Fatigue is a common symptom of a hormonal imbalance, mainly if it occurs after a full night of restful sleep.
8) Brittle bones and osteoporosis may happen as the result of consistent hormone fluctuations.
9) Heavy, painful, or irregular periods may be alarming for you to experience and can also occur due to a hormonal imbalance.
10) Infertility often leads to feelings of loss and frustration for those who are desiring the blessing of children. If you are not getting pregnant without birth control after a year, you may be experiencing infertility as the result of a hormone imbalance.
The experience of a hormonal imbalance may leave you feeling anxious, worried, and more like a stranger to yourself with every passing day. Any combination of hair loss, low libido, depression, mood swings, irregular periods, night sweats, hot flashes, infertility, weight gain, and brittle bones, may be the result of an untreated hormonal imbalance. If you are experiencing the signs and symptoms of a hormone imbalance, reach out to us here at PearlMD Rejuvenation. Contact us today and schedule your consultation!